Sunday, October 7, 2012

A Big Thanks To All The Murfreesboro Farmers!

I have to tell you guys about the Farmers Market Jenn and I visited on Yesterday. There were varieties of fruits, veggies, spices, homemade desserts, homemade wines and jellies, flowers, salsa, and more. The stands were set up and were easily located around the square of downtown Murfreesboro. We had a blast as we shopped at each market looking for a good bargain on fresh fruits and veggies. Look! I bought all of this for a little under $20.00! :-D And it's all ORGANIC! (for all of you organic folks)

Kale, Apples, Onions, Basil, 3 Kinds of Peppers
Oregano, Mint, and Sweet Potatoes


Buying food straight from the farmer makes for a good community feeling and closeness that you can't get in a grocery store. It also gives you the "Go Ahead" to practice your bargaining skills . . . I did this quite often, lol. Jenn just looked at me in humor as I put my skills to the test, lol. It was fun to see how much you could get for the amount of cash that you had in your pocket. We also got opportunities to talk about fresh recipes with the vendors. I received some great tips on how to tweak my salsa ;) It was a relief to find out that there were people just as excited as we were in eating healthy.



Jess trying a new bargaining technique (didn't work lol)
After shopping at the markets I couldn't wait to taste the pureness of buying food first hand. This is the first thing that I made :)


Rice with Jalapeno Pepper, Tomatoes, Basil,
Onions, Garlic, Lime, Cumin, and Salt
This creation was very simple and easy to make. Everything was so fresh and all of the flavors danced in my mouth. I was dancing too :)

For all of you local readers, information about the Farmers Market Me and Jenn went to will be posted below. As we Thank the Farmers we also want to Thank You for visiting our blog. We hope you enjoyed this post :) Happy Sunday ;)










Main Street Saturday Market will be open every Saturday of this month. The dates and times are October 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th from 8a.m. - Noon on the Courthouse Square. (June-October)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...