Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Getting Back Into the Swing of Things!

Getting ready for work: Excited about walking
I'm READY!

Alright! I stopped working out around 6 months of pregnancy due to unexpected circumstances but now . . . I'm Back and Feeling Stronger Than Ever.
 I Want to Blog About it! :D
 
Oh and . . .For those of you who don't know: I am 8 months pregnant! Hooray!
 
My Routine Was: brisk walking and working out on the elliptical ~ 4 days/wk for 30-45 minutes.
My workouts made me feel stronger and reduced my emotions and stress levels.
 
My Struggle: For me it was more of a struggle to work out being pregnant but keeping the benefits in mind helped me to be consistent with my routine. 

When the Problems Came: One night I decided that I wanted to play Michael Jackson the Experience on Wii for 45 min. On that same night, came pain and preterm contractions. (I'm not saying that the Wii game caused the contractions, but it was one of the new things I introduced during my pregnancy.)

Result: I was in the hospital for 2 days and on bed rest for a week!

WHAT NOW?

Solution: Since then, I've learned to take breaks often before my body tells me to take a break.  
Now I'm clear to resume regular activity with the advice of not "over doing it".

The Present: This week I am 31 weeks! I have been feeling very heavy, slow, tired, and sickly. Because of all of these feelings, I've mustard up the courage to start walking again in hopes to feel a little better and stronger. I'm a bit excited! 

My New Challenge: My new slow walk routine will be 4-5x/wk for 10-15 minutes.

Positive Results: Today and yesterday my walk went very well. I've never enjoyed walking as much as I do now. I was surprised how much better I felt after 15 minutes of walking very very very slow.

As slow as I was walking, I was still out of breath and even felt a slight burn in my legs. I think this walking routine will do my body good and I'm so thankful to complete the routine. 

This pregnancy journey has been quite interesting for me. I've learned many lessons, but one that stands out is: appreciating each day and being thankful for every moment of the ride. 

Happily Awaiting My R.A.W. "too"  
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...