Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Never Knew 30 Could Feel So Good

Okay so soon Jenn and I will waltz right out of our 20's and dive into our 30's.

For some reason it made me sad to think about the fact that life goes by so fast. Getting older can be a little depressing. I am torn between the question of, "Is this a good thing or is it a bad thing?"

Well, in search of finding out what life after 30 feels like, I sent a text to all of my fellow 30+ year old's to see what type of advice they had for me.
The text simply said, " . . . I am turning 30 tomorrow. Any "Life After 30" Advice?'

Here are the top 12 responses in no particular order :) (Keep in mind that this is via text)

1. "Yea. Don't waist your time tryna grow somebody and find you somebody who can help you grow. Then you can grow together. If not then grow alone and you will run into someone who is the same eventually. There is alot of precious time that could be wasted because after 35 is 40. Then what?? All the wasteful years are behind you. Time to be productive and putting your plan into action. That's not what I nec. did. I tried to hang on to my twenties too long after i felt like i wasted alot of my time:) im getting there though. You already got a few steps ahead though because you are living through Christ. That's all I got to say. Lol."

2. "Life after 30 advice: did you know it was customary for the Jewish people to receive their inheritance at the age of 30? My advice to you is to receive and accept your inheritance from your Father. Did you know that Jesus started his ministry at age 30? My advice to you is to let God continue to use you in the area of ministry he has called you into. I Love you and I am excited for you and I know God is doing great and mighty things in you now and forever."

3.
4. " Keep on trusting God like you've been doing. Look back for a minute to see where God has brought you from."

5. "Yeah you'll get smarter."

6. " . . . don't look at your years but at the wisdom and beauty that you have gained :)."

7. " If your back starts to hurt the day after you turn 30 . . . Don't Cry."

8. "A seed is planted with anticipation of becoming a flower. The flower needs to be fed and kept until it is stable and strong to be called what it is . . . God has blessed you by feeding you with his word and giving you wisdom for life situations. You have grown into the woman that was purposed when that seed was first planted. Embrace where you are understanding that God is not finished. Capture each moment with eyes wide open and a heart to receive his continual feeding. I thank God for you. Happy 30..celebrate it Happy Birthday . . ."

9. " Live life to the fullest and make yourself happy not in a selfish way but in a good way."
 
10. Don't let the number get you. Enjoy the simple things of life. Bubbles, Chalk on the sidewalk, cartoons, and sunshine . . ."  11. 
12. Live it like every other day. Remember you're 29 today, so tomorrow ask yourself, "What has really changed? . . ."
 

Special thanks to those of you who took time out of your busy schedules to answer (Jess') crazy text this morning :) There was much more advice that was given, some advice was personal and some just good to know ;) I Love All That Responded including Mom and Dad! You two are the Best and Thanks for having Us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...