Tuesday, April 30, 2013

3 New Items on Jess' Grocery List

Picked Up Some New Items This Week

  • Zucchini About $5.00 per Bag
  • Matcha Green Tea Powder $19.99
  • Hemp Protein Powder $12.99

Every now and then I get an urge to splurge. This week I ran into a couple of things that I have always heard about but never used (yes, Zucchini is one of them). These items are a little expensive but I am pretty confident that I can find them cheaper somewhere else. Because they are new to me, I didn't try to bargain shop for any of these items this time. I did find a bottle opener for 0.67 cents though ;-D


Here are Some Benefits of Each Item:

Matcha Green Tea Powder is packed full of antioxidants. Antioxidants help to fight off sickness and disease. Matcha is also said to increase your metabolism. Great to use in the winter to help fight off sickness. Can sprinkle in hot drinks such as coffee, lattes, and teas.
5 Ways to Use Matcha Powder

Zucchini is low in calories, helps to lower cholesterol, contains vitamins A and C, contains copper and manganese. Zucchini also helps to lower blood pressure.
26 Ways to Cook Zucchini

Hemp Protein Powder is a great way to incorporate more protein in your diet. Some say that it is one of the cleanest and best ways to incorporate protein into your diet. Hemp cleanses the liver, contains omega 3 and Omega 6 essential fatty acids, is rich in fiber. Has a nutty flavor and can be sprinkled on almost anything.
How to Use Hemp Protein

Now that I have done research on all of my new items I am ready to get started on my challenge! :D 

My Challenge: To use all of these items in one meal one day this week.







 

1 comment:

  1. YUM! sounds great. I love this blog, such great new, refreshing ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...