Monday, May 6, 2013

I Met My Matcha

Okay so I met my match-a over the weekend. Matcha Green Tea Powder was 1 of my 3 new things on last weeks grocery list. I have been tested and tried all three so I am here to tell you how it went.

 

 First up is the Matcha Green Tea Powder.


This powder tastes sort of earthy, like chopped up plants and leaves. It is said that the chlorophyll and amino acids give matcha it's unique taste. I tried using it in 3 different ways. 1. The first way I used it was in a green smoothie. I sprinkled about a tablespoon into whatever smoothie I was making for that day and with sweetener, it blended in perfectly. Without any sweetener, the matcha powder was a little strong. It was very easy to use the powder this way. I would recommend it to anyone . . . (well, I guess I am recommending it to everyone . . .) 2. Next, I tried boiling the powder in with some noodles. (My logic: I was just trying to see if the powder would turn my noodles green...) The out come? Well, It didn't effect the taste of the noodles much and the noodles came out with a green tint but not enough to tell much difference. I probably would not waste my powder in adding it in with my boiling noodle water again :-/ 3. Third way I tried using matcha green tea powder was adding it to some hot brewed tea. This worked out great and blended nicely with other herbal teas. 
Matcha powder can also be used in sauces, pastries, and lattes. Matcha green tea powder gets 2 thumbs up from me. 1 glass of Matcha is the equivalent of 10 glasses of green tea in terms of nutritional value and antioxidant content. To learn more about Matcha Powder go to  matcha source.
    












No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...