Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pre-Plan For Stressful Days

No Sleep, Stressed, Unhealthy Relationships, Procrastination, Deadlines, Past Dues, Late Payments, and the list goes on and on and on...Agh! Will I ever get caught up?!

Hang on to your skinny jeans! This is where weight gain occurs.

Here are some ways you can help reduce weight gain when things get a little too overwhelming.

PRE PLAN for stressful days.

 Come up with good food plans for days when you know you will seek comfort in food. The notion of having a pint of ice cream set off to the side specifically for stressful days just doesn't cut it. What if you have 3 stressful days out of a week? That's 3 pints of ice cream! yikes. Stock up and be prepared for days when you just want to splurge and relax. Here are some ways to help you prepare ;) 

Find ways to make Comfort food...Healthy!

You have tossed ice cream and doughnuts out of the window...now what?
There are many food options that you can consider when it comes to filling your crave for sweet or salty snacks. Angela Lidon is the Queen of Healthy Comfort Food Recipes. Check her out here at OhSheGlows. Some of her recipes look a little "iffy" but, like the saying goes, "don't knock it till you try it." Angela knows her stuff ;)


 When Pre Planning: Travel International.

I'll tell you what...the last time I went grocery shopping, the international aisle blew my socks off!
I have to admit that I could not read most of the labels that were in the section of my interest because they were written in different languages but the ingredients...I Understood (they were written in English)! :D
I found great natural oil mixtures, pastas, and dips that I have never seen before (outside of an international market). The price was reasonable and it was a great experience. I couldn't wait to go home to test new recipes ;) The international aisle has been added to my... grocery list! :D

Get This (with food)

Stepping out of the box does not mean following the same pattern of baking traditional cakes, cookies, and pies all with base ingredients of butter, sugar,eggs, and milk...
Try to really challenge yourself by creating new family recipes with a fruit or veggie base such as a soup broth or fruit sweetener. You will be surprised at ideas you come up with!


I hope this helps in pinpointing some ways that you can change unhealthy eating habits. Happy Monday! :D




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...