Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Benefits of Herbal Teas

It's Tea Time!

Herbal tea is something that I've recently added to my diet. It serves as a morning or mid day pick me up when I'm feeling a little tired. It also soothes and relaxes my mind when I'm at work or home. I love that herbal tea is low in calories and doesn't give me the "jittery" feeling that coffee does. I will definitely keep herbal tea a part of my diet.

Green Teas
Benefits of green teas:
Good source for antioxidants
May help boost immune system
May help with maintaining a healthy blood sugar level
Contains 5-10% of the caffeine in a cup of coffee

Pu-Erh Teas - Usually black teas
Benefits of Pu-Erh Teas:
Boosts Energy! Great tea to drink in the mornings or afternoons
May help promote heart health along with a healthy diet
20% of the caffeine in a cup of coffee

White Teas
Benefits of White teas:
High in antioxidants
May support healthy skin and complexion
Promotes detoxification
Promotes hydration
About 1% of the caffeine in a cup of coffee

Oolong Teas - Sometimes referred to as the "weight loss" tea
Benefits of oolong teas:
Promotes healthy skin, complexion and teeth
Can be used as a part of a healthy weight loss plan
May help with metabolism
May help with digestion
Contains 10-15% of the caffeine in a cup of coffee

Black Teas
Benefits of black teas:
(Same as Pu-Erh)

To purchase and learn more about herbal teas go to http://www.teavana.com/ 


Share with us your favorite herbal teas and what you have experienced when or if you add it to your diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...